Tuesday, November 14, 2006

More Quotes

"Writers are liars, my dear, surely you know that by now?"
-Neil Gaiman, "Sandman: Dream Country"

An Oreo cookie is only as good as it's filling.

If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat

'I will never let schooling interfere with my education'
-Mark Twain

(On genius and madness...)
'Remarkable how often those two coincide'
Jack Sparrow

"A Letter always seemed to me like Immortality, for is it not the Mind alone, without corporeal friend?"
- Emily Dickinson

"History, Stephen said, is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."
- James Joyce

"Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains; another, a moonlit beach; a third, a family dinner of pot roast and sweet potatoes during a myrtle-mad August in a Midwestern town. Smells detonate softly in our memory like poignant land mines hidden under the weedy mass of years. Hit a tripwire of smell and memories explode all at once. A complex vision leaps out of the undergrowth."
- Diane Ackerman

Minds are like parachutes, they only work when their open

Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake
I haven't failed I have just found 10'000 ways that won't work

"the future is ment for thoes who follow their dreams"

Angels exist, only sometimes they haven't got wings and we call them friends

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cant do." Walter bagehot

"How very little can be done under the spirit of fear" florence nightengale

I have more quotes, I just need to type them up...

As you can see I have been digging at quotes again. An update on my life, so far it looks like I have A's in nearly all my classes, which for me is a first. Hard work finally paying off. Further more, I have been trying to put more effort toward my dog, who sadly gets neglected every so once in a while when I have too much homework.

Guess what? It's my little sisters birthday next week! When next week? Exactly a week from today. From me she gets books and a toy. A good combination, don't you think? Mom says that it might snow tonight. You have no idea how much I want it to snow. Lots of snow, two feet of snow, or one foot of snow and a continuous blizzard. That's what I'd like. Seems alittle mean, but I don't want to go to school.

For anyone who wants to check out my new cell, it will be held at Laura's at seven starting on the last Monday in November, because that is when the rest of the Trick's training will be done, and I'll still get my one night off in the week. It is good to take breaks. Even when homework doesn't quiet co operate. Seems it never went to kindergarden. Never learned manners.

Is anyone going this week to go see Sarah? I think I'll aim for going up about once a week... if you are going up this week let me know and I'll catch a ride if it's alright. Ya, outside of school my life doesn't have a lot to it, besides going to see Cars after youth and Flushed Away both surprisingly good movies by the way.

You know this by rote now, I am still collecting quotes, oh, and if you ever want to hang out before about seven in the evening on most nights I am free. Yup, that's all for now.

1 comment:

AfterVerner said...

With you? Haha. jk guys, jk...haha...who says that. yay quotes. good job on hard work. I dont think the dog is worth it. and it smells bad. I wouldn't mind going up to see Sarah again. Yup. You should....buy some cereal.