Saturday, August 14, 2010

Of the Hobbit continuing to prove It's worth

Yesterday was Friday the 13th for those that don't know, or didn't bother to remember or to figure it out. I worked yesterday. 9:30 to 6.

Many good things did happen yesterday. I read nearly 100 more pages of my current book. I had fun. I went back to my martial art and don't feel sore at all today. (For how hard we worked it's a very good thing.) I managed to walk my dog.

Bad things also happened. The day before a co-worker hurt himself badly enough he'll mess up his life pretty bad if he's working for the next little while. That meant we were short staffed. Another co-worker called in sick, a mere two hours before his shift. That left us scrambling to find someone to take his place. Friday nights are one the busiest days of the week for us. It's near impossible to only have one person close and still have the store look good. So, yes I did have some fun while at work, but I was also working under stress. The supervisior that I had yesterday can't supervise.

At all.

I saw things that he didn't bother to address and did my best to address them. Though it's hard to do when you ask someone else to do it, and they don't and you don't really have time to breathe, let alone think more, and they don't do it. Gah. Newbies. Listen to me as I try to train you.

I also managed to injure myself, not once, but twice yesterday. Once at work, one not. I slice the fleshy part of my right pointer finger before the first knuckle deeply. Worst cut I've given myself there ever. Worst injury for those curious was a burn over two years ago.

Ya.

Thats how long I've been working there. Common, everyone *sigh* with me.

Second injury. Not as big or as bad at surface level. I was kneeling down trying to manipulate my dog on concrete, and she was protesting. Enough that she dragged me a bit. So I took off some skin on my knee, big whoop. But there where bigger rocks too! So it's a little deeper than I'd like in some places. Still not the end of the world. Till I wake up this morning, and the wound is filled with dog hair. How exactly did I forget about that? Getting it all out was fun, and here's to hoping that I don't get an infection.

Cheers!

1 comment:

limburger said...

:(

Bad days suck. When you come back from Hope Bay we need to have a girl's night with fancy snacks and literary discussion!

*HUGS*