Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Week

Okay. Where to start? Let's see... lots to say, let us see if I remeber it all. We'll start... Wednesday. Why? 'Cause that was the first day of leadership training, held by the one and only...(drumroll) Andrew. Which, before that brings me to another topic. That would be one of regrets. Lots of them. Mostly about the things that I could have done while Rob was Youth Pastor, but I was too scared to do it. Most of you don't know, but it took me something like three to four months to go to youth consitantly, and not freak out at the last moment and decide to go home. It took me about a year after that to consitantly go to a SPY cell, without bowing out at the last minute. I did that lots. Because of this skiddish nature I skipped out on growing deeper into the youth group. There are so many 'I could haves' you could make a short story of them. Going to youth at that time however did serve a purpose, I gained confidance. Which probably in the grand scheme of things is a good thing. So now we have this new Youth Pastor, who's still getting used to us as we are getting used to him. This brings me to last Wednesday night were we held the first SPY cell leadersip meeting. My older brother was there with his binder full of stuff from the one that Rob had done last year... The disscussion that ensued was informative. I liked it anyway.

Thursday we got assgined this huge Biology assignment which I had just completed, due Thursday, no I didn't leave it to the last minute, I just finised it the day before, that's all. So then there's friday, nothing big about that, except Youth. Where Andrew callenged us to do some stuff, I forget now, but I have it all down in notes. Notes (Outside of school can be very good things) are going to take 'cause your not going to remeber it all. That's that. One pet peeve about Andrew and Ruben though, they use some really cool quotes, but I never have time to get them all down!! Then Saturday arrives. My parents and my little sister go upisland to celebrate a church opening there. I go hiking with Addy and Laura. No oranges for you two. EVER. Just cause I was acting resonsible does not give you leave not to. Honestly. But besides that it was greats amounts of fun. Exploring... Laura should get the chair with wheels and take it down the hill with dirt. That I would like to see. We also got to see lots of dogs... hi puppies...

Then Sunday comes along, go to church, and after hang out with Liz and talk about an idea I had last year about getting some Christain books in to the school. I need a list more than anything right now. So any suggestions are very welcome. Let me tell you what are the most common though. Velvet Elvis, Skrewtape Letters, God Sumggler...there was another... oh well. Ah, yes, Blue Like Jazz. Any suggestions are welcome. Now we'll move to Monday in which a sckooth group meeting was held at Liz's. Some pretty big dreams came up there. Good stuff. Tuesday I did homework all day mostly, and Wednesday was the last of the SPY cell training. Apparently I get to be an assitant leader to a person I don't recall ever meeting at a time and date not determind on a focus that is still sketcky and up in the air. So when it is up and running come check it out. I also get to attend the Leadership meeting now. That should be fun. Thursday was dog training, and that brings us to today.

Today, I got out of school, helped my Mom out, came home, helped her more, fooled around on the compy, and greeted my Dad once he came back. Did I mention that my Dad is working on the other side of Sooke now? And he is staying there for the weeks that he's working there? Only coming home weekends. So that was kinda big. I hadn't seen my Dad since Sunday, and he finally came home, only to Leave really early Monday morning again. I don't want him to go... So then I went to Youth and found out that a bunch of my friends are going through pretty tough times right now. That made my day all the much brighter *please note sarcasm*. The SPY cells also got annouced. Now I am, to tell the truth a fair bit nervous about my cell. Not of the cell itself, but of o t h e r things. Like invading on my brother. Sounds weird doesn't it? Let me explain. Me and my older brother see each other outside of the house alot. We go to the same school, hang out with the same people and go to the same activites. And now I am going into leadership where he previously could go alone. No one like seeing a sibling that much. I don't want to be viewed as a tag-along either. I want to be able to do the things I want to and still give my brother his space... it's just kinda hard I guess. Ah well.

I have more to say about things you would not guess, but I'll tell them to you later, my hands are a little numb, making typing difficult, and I am tired, making me semi colon happy. Goodnight.

4 comments:

matteo said...

at least it was.

Pony said...

heh, heh, opps...

AfterVerner said...

Hey mate, if I really needed my space like that, You would not come to my youth group. If you come to more things, that's grand. I've kinda been wondering why you didn't ever come to spy cell on wednesdays. I just forgot before I could ask, I guess. Invade as much as you wish, for I currently see no invasion, and will tell you if I ever do.

Check out that freedom. I give you no restraints.

Pony said...

Ok, and yes Sarah, we should hang out soon.